Monday, September 23, 2013

Vegan MoFo #23: Vegan Nachos at Minute Maid Park

I went to Minute Maid Park recently to watch an Astros game with a friend. The baseball team is pretty terrible and they lost, but I got vegan nachos! I had searched on Google for vegan hot dogs at baseball stadiums. I found a list of vegetarian food options, but it noted the veggie dogs were not vegan at Minute Maid Park. I went to Fan Accommodations to ask about this and found out that they don't serve veggie dogs anymore. I waited in line for nachos from the chili and nachos place, thinking the chili was beans only. Nope! I then went over to a nacho cart/stand near the seats and got vegan nachos. The guy working said he was vegetarian so he understood my questions about the beans. These nachos contained chips, beans, sauteed onions and peppers, pico de gallo, and fresh jalapeno slices. These hit the spot after a long day at work and a momentary fear that I'd end up eating french fries or salad for dinner. Yes, the stadium has a salad place, but I don't want salad at a baseball game!
 photo 48d87f2d-e91e-4de5-a75a-11cc35270519_zps1353eed1.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment