Thursday, September 26, 2013

Vegan MoFo #26: Magic Wok - Midtown, Houston, TX

Apparently Green Seed Vegan is closed on Sundays. I needed lunch before the football games on Sunday, but all of my vegan choices were closed. I should have just gone to Ripe, even though it was in the exact opposite direction of where I wanted to go ultimately. After much frustration on the ride to Midtown knowing that I wasn't getting a burger at Green Seed or something awesome at Ripe, I drove past Magic Wok. I practically swerved into the parking lot. I was rather moody and needed something to eat before joining up with friends. The portions were big, but my Kung Pao tofu was not very spicy. I did not eat the whole chiles though, so maybe that's what the little spicy pepper was referring to on the menu. I had leftovers to take home, which I served with some broccoli. Overall, very good for a Chinese restaurant located in a strip mall and in a convenient location for future trips to Midtown.
 photo 4ec17161-125e-4da9-9c75-45b182c8c86e_zps493de8ce.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment