Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vegan MoFo #28: Broke Ass Pizza - Houston, TX

The Broke Ass Pizza Cooperative is associated with Occupy Houston. They had a grand opening earlier this summer. They were using a daytime salad place as their kitchen and cooking up pizza at night. I went to the grand opening, but didn't get a picture. I ran into friends and went to one's house to eat. It was a little slow, so I figured they'd be up and running efficiently by now. I pulled up to the storefront and lights were out! Oh no! A quick check of their facebook page showed that they were doing delivery only for now. I called and placed an order, but offered to pick it up. They agreed to that, which is great since I don't live in the free delivery area. (They would have delivered for a fee.) I ordered the vegan coconut curry calzone, but choose to upgrade to the pumpkin crust. It was delicious! It was wayyy bigger than the calzone I got at opening night too. Score! They use local veggies, so the veggies change over time. I got mostly squash and greens last time, but got sweet potato, greens, and onion this time.
 photo 7e6fc761-fb93-48a1-8c6e-0e36a01dabc7_zpsedd3f555.jpg  photo 36dbdc04-a0a4-4910-9f99-3c1ce6a21da6_zpsd0886292.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment